Q: Where Do I Begin?
A: This is a question we get quite often. Fret not; we’ve got you covered!
Starting your Kava journey can be daunting, but we’ve made it a cakewalk for you with two key articles:
WHERE DO I BEGIN WITH KAVA? – Personally, I’d start here first
KAVA BEGINNER’S GUIDE – More of a Q&A regarding Kava.
Both articles are super user-friendly, and will turn you into a Kava Expert in no time!
Q: What payment methods do you accept?
A: We accept every major credit card (VISA, MASTERCARD, DISCOVER, AMEX), as well as PAYPAL, AMAZON PAY, cash, checks, and money orders. As Amazon Pay says; “Simply use the information in your Amazon account to check-out on thousands of sites – no matter where your interests and passions take you.”
Q: Will Kava Help With Anxiety ?
Social Anxiety Disorder and Kava Does Kava Work for Anxiety? What Does Kava Do? There are several forms of Kava Kava that can be purchased; whole kava root, powdered kava root, instant kava mix, kava capsules, and kavalactone paste. (There’s also a unique kava concentrate offered by a company called Kona Kava Farm, as well as a chocolate flavored dietary supplement bar by Kava King.) Which form you “should” buy depends on what you’re looking to get from your Kava experience. We have theBeginner’s Guide to Kava which helps you decide which Kava product (paste, powder, capsules, instant,etc) would fit your lifestyle best. Our articleWhere Do I Begin? is a great place to start learning about what Kava is. One of our most-asked questions is “Now that I have this bag of Kava Powder, what do I do with it?” Here is the Best Way to Take Kava.
Q: Do You Wholesale Kava ?
WE LOVE TO WHOLESALE KAVA!
…and we’re proud of the personalized service and attention to you that we offer every one of our wholesale customers. To get started, all we need from you is your business info, including your TAX ID and/or your Reseller Number, as well as a brief description of what you’re looking to do, the kind of volume you think you might be doing, and what kind of products you might be interested in.
For Kava bars, we offer a wide variety of products just for you. Our Single Serving packs made it easy to offer a very precise dose of Kavalactones in a simple quick-tear pouch. For wholesale accounts, we offer much larger packs of the single serve packs. And, that’s just one example of how we cater to you if you’re a Kava bar.
For retailers, we not only offer every product with a UPC code on it, we offer a wide variety of products from both Kava Dot Com as well as Kona Kava Farm. We acquired Kona Kava Farm earlier this year, and have revamped their entire product line from the ground up. So, now, you can choose the “look” of your product, as Kava Dot Com and Kona Kava Farm have very similar product lines.
Our minimums are just $200.00 per purchase. Initial wholesale discounts start at 20% off retail pricing, and go up to 35% as your volume and frequency of orders increases. We reward you for your loyalty as well as your success! The more you buy, the more you save, increasing your bottom line while reducing overhead.
You also get a priority phone number that’s separate from the retail side of the website to ensure you get the highest level of support possible. We can handle ANY size order, and have not missed a promised delivery date yet.
And, once you grow enough, we do offer private labeled products for your bar, customized with labels that we design and/or provide for you, or with labels that we simply place on the packages for you.
Speaking of, we are the only Kava company we know of that has an FDA-compliant GMP manufacturing facility that’s been built from the ground up to service the Kava industry. Every piece of equipment, every protocol, every Batch Production Record we craft is built on over a decade of experience in the Kava industry. It may not seem like that big of a deal, but having your products manufactured in a fully compliant manufacturing facility protects you from any unpleasant visits from the FDA for having misbranded or out of spec product in the marketplace.
So, give us a call today, and ask for the Wholesale Department. Or, if you want to email first, simply send the above requested info off to kava at kava dot com, and I; Bryan will get back to you personally. Once we get to know each other a bit, we’ll set you up with a custom Coupon Code that will stay with you as you grow, automatically tracking your order frequency and totals, instantaneously adjusting discounts as you go.
All orders can conveniently be placed on the retail site (and as you log in as a wholesale customer, more options become available to you for bulk purchase of many items), with as much or as little interaction from us as you wish. If you just want to get your order and get it the next day, no problem. If you’ve got questions, if you want ideas on what we think will work for your particular situation, we’re there for you every step of the way.
Mahalo & Aloha, Bryan Kava
KV Naturals, Inc. d.b.a. KavaDotCom d.b.a. Kona Kava Farm 716-803-6428
Q: Got My Kava Order – What Next ?
Q: Do You Ship Internationally ?
Q: How Much Is Shipping ?
Q: How to Prepare Kava Drinks ?
Q: Is Kava Really Harmful to the Liver ?
Q: No Effects From My Kava
As always, we’re sorry to hear that a Kava product didn’t live up to a customer’s expectations. Every Kava product we offer is proudly manufactured under strict FDA-compliant conditions in a G.M.P. manufacturing facility. That means our Kava products not only adhere to a basic minimum of quality, but we go above and beyond the requirements by listing genuine Kavalactone content of every one of our Kava products. All of our Kava, whether it’s raw root, Kavalactone Paste, or even the Kava Tincture; all of these products have a carefully-engineered, but naturally-crafted level of Kavalactone in the product. So, if you’re not feeling the effects you wanted from the Kava you received, we offer our TOP FIVE suggestions:
- Kava has a reverse tolerance. That means the more you ingest Kava, the lass you need to feel the effects. For those we call “hardheads”, we suggest that you try Kava every day over the course of a few days. Also, you may want to make sure that you’re not in the middle of a zillion other things. When first getting to know Kava, it’s best to already be relaxed, so you can actually feel the wonderful effects both physically and mentally.
- FDA is VERY conservative. We have to follow the strict serving sizes set out by the FDA, but they are VERY conservative. If you’re not feeling the effects you expected, very carefully and under doctor supervision, you can try to double the amount of Kava you take per serving initially, to get a better sense of the effects of Kava. As with anything, Kava can be abused, so be careful and carefully monitor your ingestion. Kava’s effects can be extremely intensified when mixed with alcohol as well, so we highly suggest being in a quiet place, without any alcohol or caffeine in your system.
- Get familiar with Kava. Believe it or not, something that happens more often than you might expect, is that people are unfamiliar with the effects Kava has, and don’t recognize them right away, even when they are giddily floating in the clouds from the Kava they just took. We Westerners have been conditioned to except some very specific effects from the very narrow range of products that we have available to us. When people consume Kava, they often expect to feel tipsy, or they expect to feel giggly, or they expect to suddenly want to be a social butterfly. The effects of Kava are a little more subtle than that, and although this might sound like nonsense, it can take a few tries, perhaps an entire week of working with Kava to recognize what it’s actually doing to your mind and your mood.
- Stronger Kava Products. For those few who don’t feel anything from the products they purchased, we always resort to the strongest Kava supplement we offer. And that is the Kavalactone 55% Paste or the Full Spectrum 55% Paste. What’s the difference between the two? The Kavalactone 55% Paste is an extract of only the 6 major Kavalactones that are found in Kava and nothing else. The Full Spectrum 55% Paste has the 6 major Kavalactones, PLUS the rest of the Kavalactones in Kava. It’s a full spectrum product that has the while energy from the whole plant contained within it. It’s up to personal preference which one you prefer.
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. You, of course, are covered by our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. You can return the product to our Fulfillment Center.
Q: There’s a Mistake in My Order
Q: What About “Noble” Varieties of Kava ?
Q: What Are Kava Loyalty Points ?
We’re super excited about another one of our popular Customer Loyalty programs called “Kava Points!” The program couldn’t be any simpler. For just signing up for an account, you receive 250 points! If you write a review, you will receive 100 points. Feel free to write as many reviews as you wish (for products you have purchased), and you can quickly build up enough points for an entirely free order! Don’t be shy; we love giving away Kava when it’s in exchange for honest reviews of our many products. How It Works Quite simply, you get one Kava Point for every dollar you spend. Just 100 Kava points earns you $1.00 in real money at the Kava Marketplace. The good news is that your points can be used in addition to any other Coupon Codes you might have. And, there are many ways to add loyalty points:
- Sign Up for an Account: Signing up for an account nets you a one-time 250 points.
- Review a product and you will get 100 points deposited as soon as it’s approved.
- Like us on Facebook and we’ll add 50 points to your account.
- We are adding new ways quite often; check back for more ways to earn free Kava!
Q: What Is The Best Cultivar of Kava ?
Q: Where Is My FedEx Package ?
Q: Where Is My International Order ?
Q: Where’s My “2-Day Priority” Package ?
Q: Where’s My Order Update ?
Q: Where’s My USPS Priority Package ?
Q: What Is Soy Lecithin For?
If we want to be purists in our Kava preparation, kava was only made through chewing and spitting (mastication) or with fresh water and/or coconut water. As odd as this sounds to many in the modern world, there is a lot of merit to this method of preparation. Saliva has enzymes that help to extract the Kavalactone from the root.
Kavalactone also dissolves into and extracts into fats. That’s why coconut milk and other fatty liquids are such great extractors, and help make the strongest Kava drinks possible. If we want to use just water or coconut water for our Kava, since saliva isn’t a palatable way of maximizing the Kavalactone content of one’s Kava, this is where soy lecithin or our Organic Kava Blender come in.
In reality, any oil added to your Kava extraction (such as flaxseed oil) would help maximize potency. Soy lecithin is just a very neutral way to do it, since it doesn’t add much of a flavor, if all to your drink. It’s the same with the Organic Kava Blender as well; just a little goes a long way!
Q: How Do I Grind My Rough Cut Kava Roots?
A: This is a question we get quite often. And the answer is simple: Use a hammer!
It may sound like I’m trying to be cute, but standard coffee grinders that you buy at a retail store aren’t really made to handle whole Kava roots or even our Rough Cut Kava Roots. Instead of thinking about grinding those roots, think about it as “pulverizing” your Kava. The Kava root is quite fibrous, but it’s not too tough.
I simply used to get 2 Ziploc bags, a rag or piece of heavy, clean fabric, and a good hammer. I’d put the Kava root in the inner bag, and put that inner bag inside the Ziploc, and then cover it with the thick fabric. I’d then just place that on the sidewalk or other hammer safe surface, and smack that Kava. It’s easier than you think and the rewards are a deeper connection with your Kava experience.
If you’re still having trouble, one of the things you can do is soak your Kava for a few hours to overnight in the fridge. Even better, is you can then freeze that Kava root overnight. The ice will expand as well as make the root more brittle. Then, when you go to use the hammer to pulverize it, it will break apart even more efficiently.
If all of that sounds like too much work, the good news is that Kava doesn’t need to be that ground up to make a strong drink. Also, we have made our Rough Cut Kava in small enough chunks so that a quality coffee grinder can handle it. You don’t need to go get a commercial coffee grinder, but the heavier duty and the higher quality the better.
Even if you grind your whole Kava roots in a grinder, it’s still a great idea to simply place your roots in the freezer overnight before grinding. (Or, simply store your whole Kava root in the freezer all the time.) Kava can get hot when it’s grinding, so freezing it will not only help it grind easier, it will stay cooler as you’re grinding it up.